Alpha® developed a revolutionary way to improve the efficiency of fabricators. For years, slab fabricators have employed labor-intensive procedures for creating channels in the underside of countertops to accommodate stainless steel reinforcing rods at sink and cooktop cutouts. Alpha® recognized the opportunity for improvement and developed the Alpha® Hot-Rod. With this blade attached to the Alpha® AWS-110 or AWS-125 Wet Stone Cutter, a fabricator can accomplish the task in one easy pass.The Hot-Rod for Granite blades were created with diamond grits and matrix best suited for all categories of granite, including hard red granites, to assure a long cutting life. With a 3” diameter, the blade allows for easy use and better leverage when cutting 1/4” deep channels, by allowing for better positioning of the stone cutter’s handle. This blade is now available in three thicknesses: 1/4” for standard rods, 1/8” for thinner rods and 3/8” for threaded rods. The Hot-Rod for Marble applies the same technology but is designed for softer stones such as marble. This blade is available in 1/4” for standard and 1/8” for thinner rods.For efficient creation of channels for reinforcing rods, attach this unique blade to our AWS-110 or AWS-125 for a smooth, dust-free operation. Used in this manner, productivity will increase significantly. Although Alpha® recommends wet cutting, these blades may be used wet or dry.
ALPHA HOT-ROD 3″ X 1/4″
Product Features: ALPHA HOT-ROD 3″ X 1/4″
- Perfect for Channel Cutting with Wet/Dry Stone Cutter:
- Well-suited for channel cutting in stone fabrication.
- Versatility in usage with both wet and dry stone cutters.
- Great for Grout Removal with Ecocutter:
- Effective in grout removal when paired with an Ecocutter.
- Demonstrates adaptability to different tools and tasks in stone cutting.
- Fabricator’s Choice for Rodding on Granite:
- Preferred by fabricators for rodding on granite.
- Well-matched for reinforcing stone slabs with metal rods.
- Reliable Proven Performer:
- Emphasizes the tool’s reliability and proven performance.
- Instills confidence in users for consistent, satisfactory results.
- Can Be Used Wet or Dry:
- Adaptable to various working conditions, including wet and dry settings.
- Enhances overall utility for professionals in stone cutting and fabrication.